What will you find on this page?
This page was created out of pure love and passion for the environment, feeling well & doing good.
- Everyday hacks for becoming a more sustainable consumer such as recipes, sustainable products, recommendations for places to eat and shop, innovative brands and ideas
- People and organizations who are taking a leap towards green living
- Newest research on environmentalism and sustainability
Why is food important?
- First of all, the agricultural industry is one of the biggest emitters of greenhouse gases. Studies show that the food system could account for almost one-fourth of all human emissions and that agriculture is responsible for about three-quarters of global deforestation (CGIAR – Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security).
- Different diets have incredibly different carbon footprints. For example, a vegans diet has a footprint less than half that of a meat lover (measured in tonnes CO2 equivalents).
Who are the authors?
The authors are the two Norwegian sisters Anette and Susanne, currently exploring Portugal.
Anette loves hiking, yoga and has recently fallen for surfing. She is the founder of the podcast «På krigsstien». She has a background from the EAT Foundation, Norwegian Armed Forces and The Norwegian Atlantic Committee. Anette has engaged herself in volunteer work through the Norwegian Red Cross and Women in War and International Politics (WIWIP). She holds a M.A. in War Studies from Kings College, London.
Susanne likes all things related to water and photography. She has a background from the EAT Foundation, A.T. Kearney and the United Nations Development Program (UNDP). She has been part of associations such as CBS Model United Nations and Association of Norwegian Students Abroad and has volunteered at Ryes Café. Susanne holds an M. Sc. in Business and Administration from Copenhagen Business School.