Christmas is a magical time of the year, with family and friends, gifts, parties and dinners. In reality, it can also be a bit stressful. Therefore, we want to share out top 10 tips for keeping your calm during the holidays.
- Download the app "Calm". It's the best meditation app around. Lot's of guided meditations specifically tailored to your mood that day, from "7 days of stress" to "better sleep", "Staying on track" to "relationship with self series". Taking 10 minutes with this app any time of the day can seriously change your whole day.
- Set your alarm clock a bit earlier one day and take a nice long walk before your day starts. During the holidays you can sleep as long as you want and still take a long walk before breakfast. It's such a good way to start the day. Maybe you can borrow your friend or neighbors dog too? They will be so happy!
- Sit down and write a list of everything that's going through your mind. Sometimes you just need to get it down on paper to feel organized and clear again. It can be to-do lists, a list of limiting beliefs that are weighing you down, a list of friends you want to visit this holiday. Whatever is on your mind!
- Make yourself a nourishing meal! Especially important during the holiday, to balance our all the other goodies.
- Take a look around you? Is it messy? Take one hour to declutter your home, especially the places where you spent most of your time.
- Workout! No one ever feels bad after working out
- Make sure to take time to do things you love! Maybe it's photography, singing, writing or watching movies.
- Take a look at your calendar and see if there is anything you can say no to. Often, saying no to others means saying yes to yourself.
- Dance! Put on a silly song at home and just dance for 5-10 minutes.
- Take a bath, infrared sauna or go to your closest swimming pool. Being in water or being warm is such a treat for the body.
Homemade bread with vegan guacamole, cheese, and banana with salt.