Vegan Tom Kha
Thom Kha is a traditional Thai coconut soup usually made with chicken. This soup is delicious, filling and warming in its plant-based wonderfulness, and we would think that meat-eaters will love this vegan version too!
We adapted the recipe from this blog into a gluten-free and sugarfree version).
Recipe (3 portions):
- 3/4 of a large onion, chopped into boats
- 3 large aroma mushrooms
- 3 large oyster mushrooms
- 2 x 400 ml coconut milk (preferably organic)
- 1-2 tsp Thai red curry paste
- 2 x lime
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes
- Kaffir lime leaves (if you found it, we made a delicious soup without)
- Fresh coriander
- Fresh chili
- Natural sweetener (coconut palm sugar, agave syrup, honey)
You can also add:
- A side serving of rice
- Chopped broccoli
Set the coconut milk up for a boil with the kaffir lime leaves, chili, and lemongrass. Mix in the curry paste, lime, and sweetener of your choice. When it’s boiling, add the mushrooms, tomatoes, and onion (and some broccoli if you’re keen). Let it simmer for 20-30 minutes while you prepare the rice. Add cilantro and serve warm!